One of the things I love about home cooking is discovering a delectable recipe and preparing it so often that I know it from memory. It’s been 15 years since I first tasted this delicious pasta at my friend Peggy’s home. Both of us have made it so often since then that neither of us had a recipe any longer! Recently I prepared it for a few friends and made sure to write down each ingredient and the prep steps.
Unlike many enjoyable dishes that taste better the next day, this pasta is mouth-watering the moment you make it. It’s uncomplicated and stress-free because you can make ahead of time. Just finish it up with the crème when you’re ready to serve it.
Tortelinis a la Crème et aux Saucisses
- 1 t olive Oil
- 2-4 cloves diced garlic
- 1 chopped red onion
- ¾ lb spicy and ¾ lb sweet or mild Italian sausages (I prefer Turkey) 1 ½ lb total
- 1 8 oz jar sun dried tomatoes (julienned)
- 1/2 can chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 large pkg pasta – tortellini (the colored tortellini looks nice)
- Lots of fresh basil
- 2 cups defrosted peas
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Sliced Mushrooms (optional – I like the brown Italian mushrooms)
- Pasta seasoning blend to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lots of shaved parmesan
Add sausage to mixture.
Add chicken broth/wine and 2 teaspoons pasta seasoning and cook down liquid – about 15-20 minutes. (If it looks too greasy at the top – skim some grease off).
Simmer, add peas.