There are just those days when you want something easy to cook that is tasty too. You know what I mean…something that doesn’t take a lot of prep time. A few days ago I wanted to make something easy for two so I defrosted some tilapia fillets to make this dish. It is a recipe from Kraft that I updated with spices and Panko. It allows you to dress up your fish for two with a creamy coating and great flavor!
I added Roasted Veggies as a side and it was perfect for Greg and I. This is a dish I prepare and enjoy at least once a month and anytime of the year.
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 3 Tilapia fillets
- 3 TB Mayonnaise
- 6 TS Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 TS Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 TS Lemon Pepper Spice (Trader Joes) (or grated lemon rind and grated pepper)
- 2 TS Old Bay Spice
- Olive Oil Spray (Trader Joes)
- Preheat broiler, spray broiler pan with Olive Oil Spray or Pam
- Combine cheese and Panko with Lemon Pepper spice and Old Bay spice
- Place fish on pan and spread evenly with mayo on top. Top with cheese and Panko mixture.
- Broil 5-6 inches from heat source, 6-8 minutes, until fish is golden brown and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and Roasted Vegetables.