This is a delicious slaw that you can serve by itself, with roasted chicken in it or with Party Pork Sandwiches. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser when entertaining too! I served it for New Years Day this year and plan to prepare it again for the Super Bowl this Sunday.
Since there’s no mayo in the slaw, its a figure friendly dish. It also keeps well in the fridge for several days.
Napa Cabbage Slaw
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 8 cups (about 1 lb.) coarsely shredded napa cabbage
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced green onions (including green tops)
- 1 1/3 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, rinsed
- Seasoned Vinegar Dressing
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, peppers, radishes, green onions, and cilantro.
Add dressing and almonds to cabbage mixture; mix gently to coat. Pour into a serving bowl.
Serve it with Party Pork Sandwiches either as a side, or in the sandwich itself!
Seasoned Vinegar Dressing
- 5 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Splenda or sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove peeled and minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup mayonnaise
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, Splenda, soy sauce, garlic, Asian sesame oil, ginger, and cayenne; stir until sugar dissolves. Gradually whisk in mayonnaise, stirring until blended.