Tasty and Light!
A refreshing dressing that I’ll make again and again
When you’re looking for a tasty yet easy meal that’s also easy on the waistline, try this fun salad for lunch or dinner.
It’s been a hot summer so to cool off I’ve been preparing more and more salads lately and we’re really on this Gazpacho dressing kick. It blends well with all types of salads and is even good on grilled chicken or pork.
Greg and I enjoyed it the other night with a shrimp cocktail (you need to try Greg’s cocktail sauce sometime) and it was filling as well as delicious.
Gazpacho Salad with Cannellini Beans and Feta
Developed from a recipe in Cooking Light JUNE 2003
- 4 tablespoons tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Splenda
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups green lettuce
- 2 cups diced tomato (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper (I actually used orange)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- Sliced avocados (if you like)
To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
To prepare salad, combine salad greens and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing mixture, tossing gently to combine. Serve immediately.