A refreshing salad that’s not only healthy but also perfect for weekday summer evenings.
This is such a delicious salad and can be changed any number of ways. You could use chicken instead of pork or substitute orange segments for the grapefruit.
We prepared this salad recently for dinner and there was plenty of leftovers for a nice lunch the next day. Enjoy this low cal, tasty dinner sometime soon!
Spicy Pork and Grapefruit Salad
- 1 pound pork loin chops
- 2 1/2 teaspoons *Asian Spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Grapefruit sections
- 1/2 cup bottled low-fat sesame-ginger dressing – I make my own but this is a good alternative.
- 1 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced green onions
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped
- 3 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup almonds
1. Season pork loin chops with olive oil and pat on Asian Spice. Grill Pork.
2. I like to use the grapefruit that comes in natural juices already peeled and separated into pieces.
3. Pour dressing into a salad bowl. Stir in some cucumber, cilantro, romaine, and coleslaw mix; toss gently. Lay slices of Pork Loin Chops on top. Add grapefruit sections. Sprinkle with almonds. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
*Asian Spice Blend – I keep this blend in a spice jar to use whenever I need:
- 2 tablespoon 5-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 ts cumin
- 1 ts ginger
- 1ts garlic
- ½ ts coriander