An easy to make appetizer that your guests will love!
I recently prepared this tasty Hors de oeuvre for a party I attended and it will has now become my new go to appetizer during the warm summer months. It’s easy to make and transport and perfect for stand up parties or even for picnics.
There are so many other ways to prepare this starter. You can substitute other veggies or meats, leave the skewers meatless, or also have fruit skewers on a different platter. Make the skewers ahead of time and finish them off with the dressing right before serving.
It’s a tasty way to start off a dinner party or luncheon right. Enjoy!
Tortellini Salad Skewers
- 1 (9-oz.) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 68 wooden skewers
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, cut in half if they’re larger
- Mozarella cheese cubes
- Thin Salami
- Basil leaves
- Tuscan Basil Herb Dressing (or other Italian dressing)
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water.
2. Cut salami slices in half if they’re large.
3. Thread each skewer with 1 salami half wrapped around a cheese cube, 1 tortellini, 2 tomatoes, and 1 basil leaf. Place skewers in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover and chill 4 hours.
4. Pour Dressing over skewers, turning to coat. Transfer skewers to a serving platter.