If you love Broccoli salad then this tasty blend of flavors and textures will become your new favorite!
My new favorite Pasta Salad is also my new favorite Broccoli Salad. This recipe is so refreshing on a hot summer day and is made 3 hours ahead of time (or the night before) so it’s easy to serve to guests or bring to a fun 4th of July Barbecue.
The Broccoli Salad concept of something sweet (raisins or in this case grapes), something crunchy (broccoli and nuts), something savory (bacon and onions) is most definitely enhanced with the addition of Pasta.
I’m not much of a Pasta fan but I have to tell you that after dining on this dish last night, I woke up wanting some for breakfast.
Greg and I decided that we’re going to try this concept next with peas instead of broccoli. Can’t wait!
Broccoli, Grape, and Pasta Salad
Recipe from Southern Living Magazine
6 to 8 servings
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 8 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces using tip of a paring knife. Peel away tough outer layer of stems, and finely chop stems.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add broccoli, hot cooked pasta, and grapes, and stir to coat. Cover and chill 3 hours. Stir bacon and pecans into salad just before serving.